Never been to an auction?
- Find a sitter for May 10th. The event is from 6:00-9:30 PM.
- About a week before the auction we will send home an auction catalog with your kids for you to review. It will include a description of all items in both the silent and live auctions to help you determine where you will place your bids!
- Determine how much you can donate and where you will place your bids.
- Coordinate with friends to identify items you want to bid on together during the live auction. The auctioneer is fast and you won’t have time to agree on amounts during the bidding!
- Try to donate at least one item valued at $50 or greater to sell at the auction. Fill out your auction donation form and bring in your item(s) to the school office from April 9th-April 20th.
The night of the Gala...
- Put on your best bidding attire and arrive at the DU campus, Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management by 6:00 PM to enjoy delicious food and the fabulous company of your fellow DLS parents.
- Start bidding! The silent auction will be over by 8:00!
- Look for buy-a-share events first, they may sell out! These are parties or events hosted by fellow parents or teachers where you “buy a share” to attend the event.
- If your child has an individual piece of artwork, be sure to purchase! These are fun to hang in their rooms or create a wall of family art!
- If there is something that you really want, check the bid sheet often … savvy bidders often ‘hover’ close by to outbid you when you walk away!
- The live auction is the last event of the evening. You will be given a “paddle” to raise to place your bids.
Have fun! While this event is primarily to raise money for our school, it is also about building a wonderful community.
Please contact Elizabeth Martin at email@example.com